May 29, 2008

Diet Update for Brandon


For most people a diet wouldn't be the end of the world. Unless of course you're like me (22 years old and have had a steady stream of fried foods, Mountain Dew and Snicker Bars for the majority of your life). However, before I become a 300-pound diabetic, this is a necessary sacrifice.

Things have been going well with my roommate-induced diet. If anyone is interested in their own dietitian, I would recommend emailing Anna Koenig. Be prepared to pay for her extensive knowledge in healthy eating.

And keep in mind this isn't a normal diet, I'm not going Jenny Craig on anyone, I'm just turning my back on my normal diet of pizza, potato chips and Burger King Quads.

Here's a sampling of what I've been eating...

1. Eggs on English Muffins with a dash of hot sauce on it. While I've always been a fan of restaurant breakfasts with huge platters of scrambled eggs on them, a simple over-easy egg in the morning on a muffin really gives me energy in the morning when I wake up before 10 a.m. (a rarity) and go to class (also a rarity).

2. Turkey Dogs. Delicious and they won't rot my arteries into oblivion. Turkey has become my new favorite type of meat. I'm wondering if I can graduate to Turkey burgers?

3. Quesadilla. This is how bad I am at cooking. I consider making a quesadilla cooking.

4. Vegetables. God.... this is so tough.

And I've pretty much kicked out the normal selection of candy bars, jerky, chips, soda (unless its diet) and most other horrible things from my eating habits. However, in order for me to really accelerate the whole getting healthy thing I need to start exercising.

Awww crap.

I'm not sure exactly what to do but I do have some ideas.

1. Wii Fitness. I haven't bought this game yet, but I'm thing this could change my life and pretty much guarantee that I'm addicted to the Wii.

2. Cow Tipping. What else am I going to do in Cheney, Wash.?

3. Smoking Cigarettes. People lose weight when they smoke right?

4. Slide-n-Sliding. Did this at a party once when we attached two slip-n-slides together. I woke up the next day completely sore. I'm either horribly out of shape or I've found the next best thing to Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies.

5. Ultimate Frisbee. Actually upon further reflection, I don't want to be "That Frisbee Guy."

If you have any suggestions, please comment.

2 comments:

  1. On the note of Wii Fit, I read on a forum that this one dude got the game but the scale was unable to detect his weight because he weighed too much (I believe he said he weighed over 350 lbs) and the limit on the scale is 320 lbs. As a result he was going to lose weight so he could play Wii Fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ride a bicycle at an average speed of 19 miles an hour for two hours. you will have burnt 2000 calories. do this thrice a week, and you can eat whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete