March 25, 2009

Epic Photo: Curt Schilling's Ankle

Curt Schilling announced his retirement on his blog a couple of days ago, and I must say, I'm sad to see the Red Sox pitcher go. In terms of all-time favorite players for me, he's right up there because he's not afraid to speak his mind, he looks like he should be a truck driver and he's probably the best post-season pitcher ever (look up his stats, I dare you). I haven't been this sad since the Pope died.

So to salute him, here is Curt Schilling's ankle right before he pitched in Game 6 of the legendary 2004 American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees (Where the Sox came back from a 3-0 series hole, but you already knew that). That's the infamous "bloody sock" game where his white sock was soaked in blood from his recent ankle surgery.

Hmmm, anyone want to tell me that he faked the bloody sock? I'll print this photo off and mail it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment