April 16, 2009

John Madden retires

I just heard the news that John Madden told NBC that he will not be back for another season in the box.

All I can say is, thank goodness!

No more overly obvious statements:

"Well, you see, in order for the team to win today, they need to score more points than the other team."

Really? Is that how you win? I didn't know that.

"The team is down by 27, but I think they are playing a great game."

Are you watching the same game I am? They're loosing by 27!

"In order to establish the running game today, they need to run the ball."

And here I thought they need to pass it.

"Brett Favre is amazing. If he was in this game the team would win."

Gag.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round."

And it takes a lot longer to get there.

"See, that guy stopped the play by making what's called a tackle."

A tackle! Is that a new thing?

"I'm going to use my pen to circle a bunch of irrelevant stuff on the screen."

That's a lot of yellow markings.

"The camera view from the sky cam makes me feel like I can fly."
Are you drunk?

"And then he was like BOOM!"

Boom? Boom goes the dynamite?

Here's the official NBC Sports article on Madden's retirement.

2 comments:

  1. John Madden is the pope of football!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madden was so smart for getting into the video game business

    ReplyDelete