March 29, 2008

Conquering the feast

Ever since Subway launched it's ultimate sandwich, The Feast (which spits in the faces of Jared dieters everywhere), I've wanted to try... survive... a calorie and food intake that would kill a small elephant. Hence, on a lazy Saturday afternoon, fellow blogger Jake Rehm and I decided to head to the Cheney Subway and experience the magic that is The Feast.

Luckily, if Jake and I needed a tan or fulfil the urge to join the navy after eating The Feast, we'd be in the right spot. We hit the store around the afternoon rush, which constituted of roughly five people. You've got to love small towns.

Upon entering the Subway we got the first look at The Feast, or at least a life-size plastic mock-up of The Feast. It may not look like much in the photo, but it's actually quite intimidating. I screamed, a little, like a girl.

The staff at Subway was extremely nice, even though they were getting a digital camera shoved in their face. Here is The Feast under construction.

And the finished product, which is truly a sight to behold. Jake and I relished the fact that we were responsible for the death of five different types of animals on this day.

Got to stock up on liquids. This is going to be a project. Notice I dressed like I was homeless because it was indeed a lazy Saturday afternoon.

The main course.

Someone isn't actually holding up pants behind Jake there. That's actually a Jared sign, who is quite possibly the most hated man in America. Seriously, no one likes to hear how you lost weight. That goes double if you did it eating fast food. Go to hell, Jared.

This was my half of The Feast before I dove in. And the result...

Not bad. Very complex flavor, didn't have a bad aftertaste and definitely filling (something Subway Sandwiches tend to lack sometimes). I give The Feast an A. The best part about eating this big portion was that neither Jake nor I puked afterwards.

Had we eaten the BK Buster, that would have been a different story. Luckily, there's always next week to do that.

1 comment:

  1. People were far too intimidated to comment on this posting. Nancies. We know we're a hearty duo.

    ReplyDelete