April 3, 2008

The hawk must have been a Yankees fan...


I don't get it, why does everyone hate Red Sox fans. Even the wildlife at Fenway Park...

A red-tailed hawk lost its choice seat behind home plate at Fenway Park today after the raptor scratched a middle school girl on a tour, drawing blood from her scalp.

The girl was in the upper deck behind home plate, some 40 feet from the hawk’s nest, where a single egg lay in an overhang near the press booth. The hawk had been perched on a railing and swooped at the girl with its talons extended. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

"The girl is fine," said Red Sox spokeswoman Susan Goodenow, who said the team followed up with the girl’s group from Memorial Boulevard Middle School in Bristol, Conn.

"The nest and the egg were removed by the Boston Animal Rescue League at the direction of the director of Massachusetts Fish and Wildlife," Goodenow said.

I'm actually horrified. That poor girl must have been scared to death. A hawk swoops down and attack her? My god, I was scared of pigeons flying at me in Portland, who knows what I would do if a Hawk attacked me.

Although I'm convinced that the bird had other motives...






Why can't this happen to Steeler fans instead?

1 comment: