April 9, 2008

It only took 'em four years

Whenever I hear about car recalls, it kinda makes me laugh.

The newest recall is by Toyota. they are recalling 539,500 Corolla and Matrix cars because the bolts on the driver and passenger window come loose. These loose bolts cause the window to shatter.

The best part, (or worst if you own one of these) is that it is on 2003-2004 models. So, it's taken over four years for someone to realize this? When all these windows were shattering nobody said, hmmm.... maybe it's something with the car?

But don't worry.

Toyota will notify owners of the recall in late April. Dealers will replace the driver and front passenger door glass bolts at no charge to owners.

Darn right you better fix it at no charge. Oh, and late April? I guess it has be over four years. What's another few weeks.

That's why I'm thankful I'm a Dodge guy. Oh, and cause they make really badass commercials for really badass cars. Like this one.




I'd like to see Scion try that. "This is our ugly box shaped car. Please buy it. You can customize the wheels to make it look even lamer. Please buy it."

Yeah, no thanks. I'll stick with the muscle.

1 comment:

  1. i'm having flashbacks to the movie Fight Club. All that talk about how they recall cars after they take the sum of something and divide that by something else.
    Ehh, let's just go make soap

    ReplyDelete