June 23, 2008

A trip to KC

This past weekend I decided to take a trip to Kansas City. Yes, Kansas City. The city home to the worst sports teams in the nation. The last place Royals in MLB, the last place Wizards in MLS and the last place Brigade in AFL.

But despite this I went anyway.

The trip started with heading down I-29 into Iowa. Coming to the border some lady in a booth made me pay $1 to enter the state. On the return trip she charged me $10 to leave. Yeah, got to love the midwest.

But the trip was great. I saw the world's largest shuttlecocks at the Kansas City Sculpture Park.



Some headless dudes in the park.





And a huge waterpark called Oceans of Fun. It was a great weekend in a city that is TERRIBLE at sports.

(yes, the Royals lost while we were in town)

So, coming back to Omaha we decided to catch some real baseball as the College World Series was going on. The game last night was great! Fresno State beat North Carolina 6-1 and made it look easy. I guess we now will see which of the Bulldogs (Georgia or FS) can get it done in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment