July 2, 2008

Clay Bennett, go to hell

Casey already broke the story about the Sonics moving but after seeing the press conference about the team moving on SportsCenter, I can officially say this is the worst sports day of my life.

Not the day when I got cut from the freshman baseball team in high school (at a 2A school by the way) in favor for the kid that caught the ball with his chest instead of his glove.

Not the day our JV football team wrapped up a delightful 1-11 season.

Not the day the Eastern Washington Eagles lost in the closing seconds of the Div. I-AA second-round playoff game against Sam Houston State.

The Sonics were the first team I ever followed, and even though I jumped ship a couple months ago when it was inevitable that the team would be moving, it was still painful to hear the announcement.

Hopefully Oklahoma City enjoys ripping a Seattle-landmark from the Northwest and making it their own team. There won't be another team that I will hate more now. Shoot, I'm going to start kicking back with Montana Grizzly fans, drink a couple beers and come up with new ways to rhyme Clay Bennett's name with genitalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment