July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight


I'll admit it. When I first heard way back when the second Batman Begins was announced, that Heath Ledger would be playing the Joker, I was saddened. I just didn't think he had what it took to play a role like this.

And then the screen shots started showing up. And wow they looked good.

Sadly, Ledger's death came too soon. And many were afraid this role would ruin his acting story.

I just saw The Dark Knight. (for the second time actually) and it is simply amazing. I won't say that Ledger deserves an Oscar or not, only because the people who pick the winners always pick people from movies nobody has ever heard of.

But he is simply astounding in this movie. Even trying to picture Ledger, all you can see is the Joker. He didn't just play a role, he became a role. If you haven't seen it, I would say go now. Yes, right now!

And then let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment