November 6, 2008

A look at the Golden Glove winners in the AL

Major League Baseball has announced its golden glove winners for the 2008 season and one of the most "shocking" developments is that there are two Seattle Mariners on the roster.

Adrian Beltre - 3B - I'm a hundred percent behind this one, Beltran made some pretty impressive grabs over the season. Another thing that he did was (like it or not) was eat the ball if there wasn't going to be a play at first. You didn't see too many errant throws from Beltre but there were a couple of times I though he should have at least tried to make the play.

Ichiro Suzuki - OF - Well you cant beat his arm and his speed, and he got plenty of fielding chances with the fantastic Mariners' pitching staff.

With them getting named to the AL team it also shows you don't need defense to win games. In the Phillies case, you need a couple of guys that can hit the crap out of the ball, some pitchers who get hot at the right time and Tampa Bay to make the world Series.

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw that the M's landed two gold-glove winners in light of being the worst team in the AL, I took a quote from Curtis Campbell and applied it to myself:

    "...times like this you don't know whether to laugh or to cry, so I just laughed so hard that I cried."

    ReplyDelete