November 25, 2008

Wild Adventure



Ok, so I have decided to take an adventure next summer. Now, keep in mind that I have been planning to run the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon in 2011 for a few years now. So I want to do something that involves mountains.

Living in the amazing Pacific Northwest offers me the opportunity to easily train for any trip in the mountains.

Now the question is, which trip?

I have narrowed my selection down to two:

1. Climb Mount Rainier: Growing up in the shadow of Mount Rainier, I have always wanted to climb it. Paradise is my favorite place on earth and it would be so cool to say I did it.

2. Backpack the entire 93 miles of the Wonderland Trail: The Wonderland Trail spans around Mount Rainier. This is another goal I have always had. I think it would be a great week and half trip.

So I am torn, which trip should I train for? Both will be difficult, but both will provide the memories of a lifetime.

Adventure is nothing new to me, I have gone on many awesome adventures growing up. These trips have just been on hold for a while, as I was in Nebraska. Now that I am back, I have itchy feet. No, not from athlete's foot, but rather for the outdoors. Camping, hiking, kayaking, backpacking, biking. Oh how I have missed thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment