December 18, 2008

The weather outside is frightful...


Spokane has just received a DUMP of snow. We're talking about close to 20 inches in 24 hours, which is a record. Most residential roads are unplowed and have just a few trails in them, while the snow plows are struggling to even keep the main roads open.

Now while the Lilac City is a northern city, usually they do a pretty good job of keeping the roads somewhat open. However, today, I got stuck backing out of my driveway (in my 4WD vehicle)... which is a 20-foot long concrete slab... which I shoveled off last night (probably a foot) only to wake up this morning to see two more feet where I had just shoveled...

This is after I dug my car out of two feet of snow. As you can see I actually had to shovel around my vehicle just to be able to clean it off.

Now I'm watching a documentary on Colonial Canada, with Alan Alda doing the narration. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment