January 24, 2009

Why the Hawks green is great


While cruising around the Internet today, I came across this post by Paul Lucas of UniWatch. Back in January of 2008 Lucas wrote about how the city of Seattle had fallen in love with the lime green color of the Seahawks.

He said, "I also don’t get the Seahawks’ combination of steel blue and neon snot."

And to him I had to say (in my head of course) now hold on a second buddy. Neon snot? More like neon awesome.

I personally thought it was really neat when the 12th man began to adore the lime green in the color scheme of the Hawks. The green was originally used only for the eye of the Hawk logo, and for some pin stripping accents on the jerseys and pants.

Then the receivers caught on to the appeal of the color. And soon all of them were wearing bright, neon lime green gloves.

Next following was the defense. Who strode out onto Qwest Field one afternoon wearing lime green accented shoes.

Soon Matt Hasselbeck was wearing a lime green hat on the sidelines, and a number of players were putting their shoes on with lime green laces.

The 12th man loved it. And slowly the sea of only blue in the stands became speckled with the green. Green hats, gloves, shirts and hair.

While looking up the pictures of the Seahawks green, I came across this jersey. A green jersey. It was amazing. So much so that I knew I had to have it. I know some will say that it is ugly, or that it isn't the real jersey. But I think it is really neat and original. Plus it is better than these uniforms of the Texans right?

And while I love the green. It's good, but not great. After all, it's no powder blue. Now those are some sweet jerseys.



1 comment:

  1. Remember when fans got to vote on the uniforms and they had either a blue helmet or a silver one. They still should bust out psuedo throwbacks, kind of like the chargers current unis where its kind of like the old ones but still modern. I mean admit it, the hawks taking the field in 1999 with the old blue and silvers was pretty embarrassing. Give it an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete