February 26, 2009

Bacon is great on everything


Since Just South of North is a local Washington blog we love bragging about awesome things that come from our state.

Well today are you ever in for a treat. Today I present to you Baconnaise. That's right kids, it's not bacon, it's not mayonnaise, it's Baconnaise!

And the two guys from Seattle who thought this thing up have really got something going.

I mean seriously, who doesn't like the taste of bacon? Well, maybe the pig. On second thought, I bet even they like the taste of it. They are a pig after all.

But before Baconnaise was around the duo behind this bacon phenomenon, Justin and Dave, were launching BaconSalt. Their story from small technology company workers to the proud makers of bacon-flavored products is pretty awesome. READ IT HERE.

They also have their own blog that they keep updated with all the bacon news you'll ever need. Their motto: The never ending quest to make everything taste like bacon.

You also can buy shirts and hats with bacon slogans on them. My personal favorite was the one with a picture of bacon + a picture of salt. Haha. BaconSalt. I get it.

Customers can buy the bacon flavored products at various retailers as well as online. The guys are even offering free Baconnaise for a year if you can get the product on the shelves of a store near you. What a great idea.

And while I haven't tried the stuff myself, I am going to have to buy some. I love bacon and I love sauces. Goodbye ketchup, hello Baconnaise.

So from some fellow Washingtonians trying to get their dreams going to some who have made theirs a reality, congrats Justin and Dave. Great work!

Here's some reviews on the amazing everything edible topping.

2 comments:

  1. That stuff sounds amazing! I'll have to see if my local store has any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff was featured prominently (if not positively) on The Daily Show two days ago.

    The fun begins here (about 4:20 in) and continues here. --- Oh great, the latest FF upgrade killed my BBcode add-on. Oh well, here are the links:

    http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=219494&title=Optimist-Prime

    http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=219495&title=Bobby-Jindal%27s-Republican-Response

    ReplyDelete