February 10, 2009

One Year: A Tale of Google


As Brandon stated, somehow we have managed to make it one full year. I think it was the fact that we would write our stories while listening to Kelly Clarkson while drinking non-decaf coffee and eating frozen burritos. Yep, that's how we made it.

Anyway, I decided that since the One Year mark of JustSoN was such an epic event, there must be news stories reporting the coverage of the historic day. So I googled "One Year" and here is what I found.

The first post was: One Year Bible OnLine. This pretty obvious what it is. Read the bible. In one year. Online. Yep, not us.

The second post was: Year One, Inc. The American Muscle car site. Still not us, but an awesome site. I do love muscle cars.

The third post was: Sun or Moon Rise / Set Table for One Year. Now this one got me. What in the world? The sun or the moon rises and then we set the table? For what, a dinner party? I had to look. And come to find out, it was actually pretty cool. You put in the year, location and either sun or moon and the site gives you a printable table that shows when the sun rises and when the moon rises for that location. It was pretty neat. But I'm a nerd and like space. Oh, and aliens and big foot.

The fourth post was: One Year Bible Blog. Same thing as the first search result, only it was on blog. One bible verse each day for a year. Still not JustSoN, but I prayed number 5 would be us.

The fifth post was: One Year Later. It was about a DC Comic that was printed in 2006. It includes the DC Trinity. Or Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Not us, but still pretty cool.

The sixth post was: One Year on Earth. This site was amazing and I actually forgot to continue looking for us on Google. Instead I was absorbed into this blog about a couples year long honeymoon around the world.

Here's what the bio on the site says:

Beginning three days after their September 2, 2007 wedding, Derek Hughey and Shanna Singh Hughey traveled the world for one year, visiting 40 countries in Asia, South America, Africa and Europe. This website is a chronicle of their journey.

If you didn't already click the link, I recommend it. The things they saw in that one year are more than most people will see or do in their entire life. I tip my hat to Derek and Shanna. They had one heck of an adventure!

Oh well, maybe by Year Two Just South of North will show up as a top search on Google. If I had a crystal ball I'd say that big things were in the future for this blog. Big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment