March 4, 2009

Couple drives 100 miles with cobra in the car

A south African couple was enjoying a road trip, when things took a turn for the worse. 

No somebody didn't need to go to the bathroom ever 20 minutes, no they didn't run out of gas, no they didn't pick up a guy holding a chainsaw.

They discovered a spitting cobra was riding along in their car with them.

Gordon Parratt, 69, felt the 85-centimetre (33-inch) long snake wind itself around his leg while he was driving.

At first he thought an insect had brushed his leg and swiped it away, but when he looked down he saw the snake next to his left foot, the report said.

"Fortunately I'm not the panicky type. My wife immediately put her feet up on the dashboard," said Parratt.

Yeah, no thanks. If that were Casey and I driving two things would probably happen (1) I would crash the car while screaming like a four-year old and (2) Casey would jump out of the window screaming like a four-year old. What can I say? Venomous snakes inside cars aren't our sort of thing.

Good thing we live in the Northwest, where our venomous snake is the Homer Simpson of venomous snakes: the rattlesnake.

"Oh well I think I'll just hang out here on this rocks in this mountainous region where nobody lives and sleep for about eight hours. If anyone comes comes around they'll certainly know I'm here because I get pissed and start rattling my tail. If that a rat? MMMmm Dinner. That will feed me for months and then I can just lay on my back all day. Man waaay better than riding in a car, let me tell you."

With my luck though I'll probably get bitten by one just for saying that on my way to the Spokane Arena tonight for State B Basketball. Just you wait, it will happen.

"Ginger bitten when snake flies out of sun visor"

No comments:

Post a Comment