March 19, 2009

Epic Cars of Greatness

At Just South of North we are big fans of the 1990's comedy Family Matters.

Remember that awesome car that Steve used to drive?

Yes, the Urkel Mobile.

Well, that was actually a 1957 BMW Isetta. The door opened in the front and the car had only three wheels. In a word, legendary.

That car was amazing, but so are these:

Mach 5: This car is based on the epic car driven by Speed Racer. It is currently in the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. The car was built in 1999 and sold on eBay to the Museum for $125,000.


The Disc Drive: Yes, this car is covered in floppy discs. The best part, the liscense plate.



The "green" car: This car is covered in tons and tons of hiking stickers. The car might not be electric, but it does get it's owners out there to enjoy the wilderness.


The Camouflage car:
I believe this is actually what Brandon drove in high school.


The Mystery Machine:
This is what I drove in high school with my buddys Shaggy and Scooby, Daphne, Velma and Fred. We solved mysteries and hunted ghosts and stuff.


The OFFICIAL Just South of North mobile: This is what Brandon and I cruise around Spokane in now. They see us rollin....

2 comments:

  1. Is that actually the Northern Rangers in that Flintstons car? Haha. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    I was wondering why my server was getting so many hits, it links back to this picture on one of my websites.
    That's the wife and I, we were on a road trip to Quebec and came across this wood carver on the side of the road.

    ReplyDelete