April 23, 2009

Epic Photo: They aren't called the Atlanta Hawks for nothing

Obviously since its the Atlanta Hawks, they have a live bird that they let loose to add to the festivities of everything. It seems that in last night's playoff game against the Heat, their bird wanted a front row seat.

Now here's a thought I've always had about the Seahawks mascot hawk that they let out on the field... I'm not so keen on having a bird with razor sharp talons flying around a somewhat enclosed space with 65,000 people. 

I mean animals are animals and they're due to have Ron Artest tendencies every once in a while. What's stopping that bird from attacking the crowd? Or at least stealing their beer like in that epic Bud Light commercial?

I'm just saying, birds in stadiums, not a big fan. I would much rather have a Buffalo run out onto the field. And we haven't even started talking about bird crap.

1 comment:

  1. Best. Story. Of. The. Day
    So fantastic that the bird just sat there, with an evil eye on the crowd. Wouldn't it have been fantastic if the bird would have done circles around the ceiling, making sudden charges at the audience?
    "I went to [sport event] and all I got was my eye gouged out by an angry bird."

    ReplyDelete