April 24, 2009

Red Sox To Unleash 100 Year Old Weapon

If you live in Boston or New York, or you are just a fan of the Red Sox or Yankees, this weekend is an eventful time. Starting today the Red Sox and Yankees square off in the first series of the year between the two long time rivals at Fenway Park.

Today's game is the 1st of 18 between these two storied franchises this year and will pit local product (to us folks in Warshington) Jon Lester against Joba Chamberlain, who is from Casey's favorite state (he also has tried to rearrange the face of one Kevin Youkilis multiple times, he was even suspended 2 games in 2007 for throwing behind him on consecutive pitches).

For this occasion the Boston Red Sox have decided to bring back Arthur Giddon who turns a century old on Sunday, to be the honorary bat boy for the series. Giddon was a bat boy for the Boston Braves from 1922-1923 when he was the ripe old age of 13. You can read more about this great story at redsox.com

I know I speak for 3 of us here at Just South of North when I say "Go Sox!!" I also know I can speak for everyone here at Just South of North when I say "Yankees Suck!!"

1 comment: