May 13, 2009
Fashion Rules of the Road
It's Bike to Work Week and yesterday I explained bike safety on the road. Today, I'm going to tell you about the Top 10 Fashion Rules of the Road for bikers. Here we go:
1. If you think you look good in spandex, chances are you don't. If you aren't in "bike riding shape" then please, do us all a favor and stay away.
2. While riding, do not make "vroom, vroom" sounds.
3. The 90's killed the neon colors. Biking brought them back.
4. Don't wear those sperm shaped helmets. They are designed for racing and time trials, not for riding your bike to the store.
5. If you wear the full body biking suits, loose the underwear. Don't want underwear lines. (Also, no banana hammocks while biking)
6. Speaking of store, if you're bike has a basket on it (and there are daisies in it) and you're not a 12 year old girl, then don't ride that bike. Sorry Brandon. Now you have to buy a new bike.
7. Huge calves are in.
8. In biking, velcro shoes are cool. In the mall, they are not.
9. Before you drop the $200 on the Livestrong jersey, make sure you like riding.
10. Don't wear striped socks, bowler hat and knickerbockers. That style died when the high wheel bike did too.