June 23, 2009

Counting Cars

Never buy a new red Mustang. Unless you want to be like everyone else.

On my just over 500 mile round trip, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I counted the new muscle cars that I saw on the drive.

And here's what I found:

Dodge Challenger: 1

Chevy Camaro: 1

Ford Mustang: 82

Yes, 82. That means that every 6 miles I saw one. That is a ton!

Sure the Camaro just came out, and the Challenger only has one year under its belt. The Mustang was released as a 2005 model. But still.

By making the car a really cheap model of the car for around $20,000. Ford made it so everyone and their mother could buy one. And while that is great for sales for the company, it means they all look the same. The average person can't tell the difference between the $20,000 model and the $70,000 model.

Oh, and most of those 82 were red. I didn't keep track of numbers divided by color.

No comments:

Post a Comment