July 22, 2009

Waking up in the morning

For some reason I have a very hard time getting up. Most people are groggy in the morning, most people dread waking up for work in the morning, but with me - my body just simply doesn't wake up.

For example, I have to set four different alarms - one alarm clock and three alarm times on my phone - just to ensure I'll get up in time to go to work. It takes all four of them to wake me up, and I still get out of bed probably 20 minutes after the last alarm has gone off. What the heck is wrong with me?

Not only that, but now when I do get the chance to sleep in during the weekends - I'm usually up around the same time I get up to go to work. Never fail. It's like God is playing tricks on me and snickering to his friends up in heaven. I'm sure Peter and Paul are getting a huge laugh at my expense.

And after waking up, have you ever gone back to sleep and had the craziest, most f-ed up dream possible? Like you're running through a grassy field dancing with midgets or something? When I normally go to sleep I will not dream at all but if I go back to bed in the morning - my brain plays something that would make David Fincher blush.

What are some weird things that have happened to you while sleeping?

1 comment:

  1. Dude- Murphy's backwards sleep law states when you need to wake up, you feel the most tired you've ever been in your lifetime thus far; and when you actually get to sleep in, you're like the ultimate morning person on crack. Total bollocks. As far as the "fall-back-asleep-crazy-dreams" curse goes, I hope you find comfort in knowing you're not alone! Sometimes it happens to me during naps too. It's freaky.

    ReplyDelete