November 30, 2009

Canada: where free speech is about as plentiful as sunlight

I wasn't aware that Canada was into bullying journalists... I though that reserved for third world countries, communism and PETA.

A reporter crossing the border into British Columbia was detained by agents fearful she might be coming over to criticize the Vancouver Games. After all, gotcha journalism is the worst kind of terrorism.

Amy Goodman, for those of you who aren't godless liberals, is known for hosting Democracy Now! on NPR. Heading to Canada for her book tour, she may not have realized that BC is quarantined from the outside world until February.

Has anyone listened to NPR? (Don't answer that, I know I'm the only one) Seriously, I don't think a huge expose on BC's Olympic Games is going to earn much attention much less top the shenanigans the Chinese pulled off during the Beijing Olympics. Apparently somebody didn't get their maple syrup in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment