December 29, 2009

Mets sign Jason Bay

It looks like Jason Bay is headed to New York, as the former Gonzaga Bulldog and B.C. native has signed a four-year $66-million contract with the Mets.

Well hey! At least it isn't the Yankees. And since it's the Mets, Bay is garunteed to pull something or have some joint blow up before the start of the season. Got to love a franchise that has ran into more hard luck than a drunk priest at a Michael Jackson convention.

While I have to say that I really have appreciated Jason Bay at the plate for the Red Sox. He's a real solid player. But with that said, I'm glad that Boston didn't fork out a wad of cash to have him back. However, if he does manage to escape the Mets curse, he might be able to terrorize National League pitching and put up career numbers. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. As a Yankee fan, I'm glad to see him away from Fenway. I think he'll see his numbers drop though, as he'll be playing in massive Citi Field.

    ReplyDelete