May 31, 2010

Interurban Trail ride


How did you spend the last day of May?

Since it was the last day of National Bike Month, I figured what better way to spend it then, well biking!

I met up with my dad and one of his friends and we did 50 miles on the Interurban Trail. We rode from Tukwila to Sumner.

Along the way I hit some glass and got a flat. So luckily our stop in Sumner was right next to the Bonney Lake Bicycle Shop of Sumner! I got a patch for the tire as the glass had put a hole through to the tube and had them do a quick tuneup since I was there.

But our main goal in Sumner was to get a fresh Strawberry rhubarb shake from a small shake/burger joint. It was AWESOME! If I did food reviews, I'd write a better review than that. But it was great. Promise.

The ride as a whole was great. We hit some rain but it was a warm rain so not bad at all. On our way back the sun came out and dried up the trail really nice (oh and us).

The trail is paved, maintained and pretty flat the whole way. So not very hard going. You can get a good pace throughout most of it. Some sections get a bit annoying as there are multiple cross streets that you have to wait for traffic fairly close together (mostly in Kent). But for an urban trail, this one is very nice.

All in all it was a great way to spend the last day of Bike Month.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend Memorial Day...thanks for taking me along on your ride!

    ReplyDelete