May 15, 2010

Moving on up


Things are in flux here at Just South of North since I'm actually moving Just South of North... to Montana. I'm sure some of you are shocked since you've no doubt heard about my prior comments about the state. I have long maintained that I've always been joking since how can a kid from Chewelah (about as rural as you can get) go after a rural state. It's always been window dressing.

An opportunity just dropped into my lap and I'll be the new sports editor for the Lake County Leader in Polson, Mont. a resort town of about 5,000 people on Flathead Lake. I've been there twice and it seems like a great town, much like Cheney or Lake Chelan (It's going to feel like I'm on vacation every summer). This is a chance for me to get back in to journalism after not really being in it since the closing of Home Team Sports.

It was a tough choice though, I really enjoyed working at Radio Spokane and with all the people there. The Polson job was probably the only place/job that would have got me to move from the Lilac City and the radio station.

I'll be moving at the end of the month and then Just South of North will cover all parts of the Northwest!

1 comment: