June 24, 2010

Biking Snoqualmie Falls


Today was another beautiful day in the Seattle area so I decided to continue my training for the People's Coast Classic with a bike ride.

I headed out of the Lake Sammamish area up to Fall City. From there I headed up to Snoqualmie Falls.

There is a lot of construction going on up there. But don't worry, it's on the generators and not the visitor area.

Seth Truscott wrote an article about the Snoqualmie Falls upgrades for the Snoqualmie Valley Record.

After snapping a few pictures up there and getting asked if I bicycled up the road (keep in mind I'm wearing biking gear and pushing a bike) I headed back down the road.

The toughest part was the climb out of Fall City toward Klahanie. That hill kicked my butt coming up it. If you know the area it's the one by Duthie Hill Mountain Bike Park. (Jeff and I still have to head out to Duthie Hill. Just been busy with training for other hikes but we'll head out there and get a video up soon.) However, my buddy Paul over at Washington Adventures wrote a review a few weeks ago so check that out.

After much determination, I made it up the hill and headed on down through Issaquah and out to Poo Poo Point. I turned around there and made my way back home.

The ride ended up being 41 miles with lots of climbing. It took me a little over 2 1/2 hours to complete. So I was happy about that.

And I couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. It was awesome.

(This is from Just Northwest)

No comments:

Post a Comment