November 7, 2010

Laptops fry balls. No really.

About three years ago, I read that if you use you laptop computer in your lap, you're frying your computer because chances are you legs are blocking the heating vents and causing the comp to overheat. Having fried one laptop, I quickly made a point of putting my laptop on a coffee table i bought from Walmart for about 10 bucks. It's been three years since a laptop has actually been on my lap.

Future generations of Hansens will thank me.

Whoever invented the 'laptop' probably didn't worry too much about male reproductive health.

Turns out that sitting with a computer on your lap will crank up the temperature of your nether regions, which could affect sperm quality.

And there is little you can do about it, according to the authors of a study out today in the journal Fertility and Sterility, short of putting your laptop on a desk.

The researchers hooked thermometers to the scrotums of 29 young men who were balancing a laptop on their knees. They found that even with a lap pad under the computer, the men's scrotums overheated quickly.


Although if you factor in the previous five years before that I had my computer on my lap, and the fact that I have a cell phone in my front pocket... my kids are going to come out looking like Sloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment