November 24, 2012

10 gift ideas for the Bear Grylls fan

The holidays are quickly approaching and you might be trying to come up with some gifts for that special someone in your life. Well don't worry, we here at Just South of North are going to help.

If that special someone is excited for the new NBC Bear Grylls show, perhaps they even applied to be on it, maybe you should get them some Bear Grylls items.

Here are 10 suggestions for the Bear Grylls fan in your life:

1. Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife: The first edition of this knife was horrible. It wasn't up to the usually very high standards of Gerber. However, the second edition is top notch. The knife featurs:
  • Molded rubber grip and knurled striking surface butt cap
  • Saw ground back blade
  • Integrated fire starter with integrated diamond sharpener
  • Key ground-air communication patch
  • Emergency micro lanyard whistle
It's a must have for any fan of the outdoors and fan of Bear Grylls.

2. Mud, Sweat, and Tears: The Autobiography: I bought this book as soon as it was available in the US. And I read it in just a few days after receiving it. The book is fast-paced and well written. The chapters keep you intrigued and show more to Bear Grylls then fans get in his TV shows and interviews. It's a great read and a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a lot and I'm sure you will too.

3. Man vs. Wild Video Game: Have you ever wanted to BE Bear Grylls? Well with the Man vs. Wild video game you have the chance. I wrote a review last year about the game and found it enjoyable. You can't make it outside everyday, so on those days you're trapped inside, why not have a little fun by trying to survive in the Everglades.

4. Man vs Wild: Season Four: While I enjoy all the seasons of Man vs. Wild, I really enjoyed season four. This season also includes the very humorous episode with Will Ferrel. In this season Bear heads to the wilds of Alabama, Arctic Circle, Vietnam, Texas, Alaska, Panama, Big Sky Country, China and Guatemala.

5. Bear Grylls Men's Trek Long Sleeve Shirt: This shirt is very form fitting (which you might want to move up one size for comfort fit). It is quick-drying and offers panels that stretch for added movement while trekking.

6. Bear Grylls Men's Original Trouser: Like the shirt in number five, these pants are made by Craghoppers and are quick-drying, offer stretch panels, six pockets (2 with zippers) and are very comfortable.

7. Para-Cord Survival Bracelet: I have a paracord bracelet that I wear whenever I go out whether I'm hiking, kayaking or just camping. If you ever needed rope while in the wild this is the perfect product. A great survival item and now part of my regular outdoor gear.

8. Man vs. Wild: Survival Techniques from the Most Dangerous Places on Earth: I recieved this book as a birthday present a few years ago and wasn't sure what to expect. But after reading a few chapters I knew that it would be very interesting. It's been a long time since I was in Boy Scouts and this book really helped to refresh some of what I learned while earning my Eagle Scout award. The information is good and presented in an entertaining way.

9. Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Fire Starter: While I don't have this exact model I do have a similar fire starter. It works great and is so nice to have in the wet Pacific Northwest. I don't have to worry about matches or finding waterproof matches (or a waterproof case) for them. This model also has a whistle attached for emergencies.

10. Man vs. Wild: Season One: The season that started it all. If your Bear Grylls fan doesn't have the first season of Man vs. Wild then you know what to get them.

I hope that this list has given you some good ideas for what to get the Bear Grylls fan in your life as well was my actual reviews of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment