March 25, 2008

Poor Bears

I just got back from calling a Cornhusker baseball game for KRNU, and what a game it was. The Bears of Northern Colorado came into Lincoln for a real thumping. 10-0.

From the start the Huskers took off, even scoring 6 runs in the 3rd inning. I had never called baseball before, but thought it went really well. Luckily the guy I was working with was a veteran so that made it easier.

I'll be calling the game tomorrow, as the Bears try to avenge that lost to the #18 ranked Huskers. Game starts at 1:35 PM CST. And can be heard on 90.3 KRNU and http://krnu.unl.edu/.

The Husker games are played at a beautiful stadium, Haymarket Park. Just outside of downtown Lincoln. It was a beautiful evening, started out in the mid 60's and then dropped to around 40. So a bit chilly at the end.

So if you get the chance, tune in tomorrow and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment