April 22, 2008

Gators over Grizzlies, tiny cars and one lucky dude

I've heard of a variety of animals coming into your house if you leave the door open. And it depends on what area you are located at as to what type of animal comes in.

For example, in Texas it would be an armadillo.

New York, never leave door unlocked in New York City.

Washington, a soaking wet raccoon. (Cause again, it rains. A lot.)

Montana, well, it might be a Montana Grizzly fan.

So it's no surprise to me that an 8-foot long alligator found it's way into the home of Sandra Frosti in Oldsmar, Florida. She had only a screen door and the gator pushed it open to enter. (however, it appears the one in the picture is actually knocking. How polite)

Although if I could choose which animal to come into my house, I would take the soaking wet raccoon over the gator. Yet, probably the gator over a Grizzly fan.

The Environmental Protection Agency (yes, kinda fitting for Earth Day) anyway, EPA released their report of the top five fuel economy cars. Here they are, with price and MPG:

Toyota Prius ($21,100) - 48/45 city/hwy mpg

Honda Civic Hybrid ($22,600) - 40/45 mpg

smart fortwo PURE ($11,590) - 33/41 mpg

Toyota Yaris ($11,350) - 29/36 mpg

MINI Cooper ($18,700) - 28/37 mpg

Now here's the thing with this list. My car, a 2002 Dodge Neon gets 32 mpg city and 36 mpg hwy. Oh, and it cost WAY less than even the cheapest of these. Let's just say about a quarter less.

And I know, I know. The Neon may not be the manliest of cars, but it sure as heck beats that smart fortwo. And if I get hit by a car, at least I won't be crumpled into a ball. Cause if even a bike messenger hit the side of the smart fortwo I would be more worried about the people in it, then the bike messenger. I trust Schwinn.

And lastly, did you hear about the couple who threw away their wedding rings while on vacation at Disney World? Well, I should say it was HIM and HE threw away a paper bowl that HIS wife had put her platinum and diamond engagement, wedding and five-year-anniversary rings.

The workers told them that it was hard to get garbage back because once it left the lot it went to huge compactor. So the Campanales (that's the couple) left. And could you imagine the ear full he was getting on the way to the airport?

But then a worker noticed that days garbage hadn't left the lot yet. So the workers dug in, literally, and fished out the rings. Now that is what you call heroes. Oh, and the husband had better of mailed them a HUGE tip. Cause he would have been in the dog house for a very long time.

That's all for this Tuesday afternoon. Now I'm going to go close my door so no children of the corn get in. This is Nebraska after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment