May 21, 2008

From old dudes on a mountain to snakes on a plane

Well I am back to this thing called Internet. Thanks to Brandon for holding down the fort here at Just South of North.

As for my trip, I flew into Montana for my sister's graduation from MSU-Billings. Stayed there for a while then caught a ride to North Dakota. While there visited the Badlands then headed on down to the Black Hills of South Dakota. I will post some pictures from the trip, but my parents are heading back to the Northwest with the camera and pictures.

While in South Dakota I went through Reptile Gardens. It is very cool. They wrestle alligators and play with snakes. There is a huge dome there that is filled with lizards, snakes, turtles and birds. It is a very neat place. Oh, and I saw a 15 foot 9 inch long crocodile, komodo dragons (only one of four places in the world with them) and the bones of the largest turtle to ever live (it was over 4,000 pounds!)

Then I traveled Mount Rushmore. I had been there when I was a little kid, but didn't really remember it. It's not a impressive as naturally made things but as a man made structure it is amazing. The movies in the museum explain how it was made, and that is fascinating.

From South Dakota I trekked back to Nebraska and hung out in the woods (well a few trees along the Platte River) for a week. Then back to lovely Lincoln.

It was a great trip and nice to just get away for a while. I hadn't gone camping in a year and really was missing it.

Oh, and a whole lot of movies have been coming out or are about to come out. Ironman, Speed Racer, Chronicles of Narnia, Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls and many more. What a great summer for movies.

And lastly, the whole time I was at Reptile Gardens I just kept thinking, "Snakes on Plane!"

No comments:

Post a Comment