August 16, 2008

Man, sucks to be you

Say what you will about Michael Phelps, and James from Collegiate Handyman has plenty to say:

"All the American Announcers want to jump his bone, they don't even talk about the rest of the swimmers. I'd rather just watch the Canadian broadcasts."

Well said, I'll try to talk a bout another swimmer ... Serbia's Milorad Cavic, who was leading Phelps in the 100m butterfly but instead of taking one last stroke, he coasted and tried to stretch out for the victory, which allowed the American swimmer to do one last stroke and push ahead quickly for a .01 margin of victory.

Thank goodness for touchpad sensors.

It's really go to suck to be Cavic right now. He had the race, but a half-second action cost him a gold medal. But really... don't coast to victory, you still had enough room to do a final stroke.

Okay, I have no idea why I'm calling people out on swimming when I couldn't make it across a pool at the local Holiday Inn.

Hey, does anyone know if the Davenport Hotel has a pool?

1 comment:

  1. why are you "Mr. I-hate-the-olympics" still talking about the olympics???? hmmm?

    ReplyDelete