December 30, 2008

Times are a changin'

I honestly never though I'd see the day when the Denver Broncos would fire Mike Shanahan.

Sure, his Broncos blew a big lead in the AFC West, arguably one of the worst divisions in the NFL. And granted, in their season-ending match up against San Diego, Denver was such a flop that the Chargers were resting players for the playoffs by the third quarter in a game that they needed to win to even make it there.
But fire Mike Shanahan? One of the rocks of the NFL coaching scene? And it's not like he's doing a bad job - his teams have been competitive and made the playoffs on a regular basis, they just really haven't done all that well. They were the NFL version of the Duke Blue Devils. Has Coach K been fired?
(I'm convinced CBS has a canned "DUKE GOT UPSET" segment that they run everytime the team is knocked out of the tournament)
I'm just a little shocked - I can remember growing up and Shanahan being the golden standard of coaches after winning two Super Bowls with Elway.

Well know I guess I'll have to look up to Herm Edwards.

1 comment:

  1. gud one buddy... it's interesting and cool!!! visit my blog and give me ur comment...

    ReplyDelete