December 17, 2008

Winter Driving 101

The Pacific Northwest is getting just pelted with furious snow storms, which has made the roads a winter wonderland of slippery doom. Spokane currently reminds me of a bad snow level on Mario Kart, complete with the power ups.

Yeah Spokies leave a lot of crap on the road.

What Seattle Drivers think about snow -- "Slowing down? I need my latte! A whole inch out there? Hmmm I may just stay inside and weather this blizzard. This is definitely the storm of the century. What's that? It's melted already?"

What Portland Drivers think about snow -- "Great... yeah this snow will really slow down in rush hour when I'm already sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, this is really gonna change things. Got to love left hand exits"

What Spokane Drivers think -- "Ho hum, I'm hungry, lets go to Denny's"

What Seattle Drivers who live in Spokane think about snow -- "THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING!! KEEP YOUR CHILDREN IN DOORS. THIS IS THE END OF TIME!!! REPENT ALL YOUR SINS!!!"

What California Drivers think -- "What is this white stuff? Does this mean I should slow down, nope, probably not, why am I sliding, I'm still sliding, that car in front of me is getting awfully close. Wow, I'm still sliding. Yep, I wrecked."

What Idaho Drivers think -- "How bout this nice weather huh?"

What Montana Drivers think -- "I don't have a car, but these two horses should get me where I'm going."

What Canada Drivers think -- "Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey BEER Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey"

What New England Drivers think -- "I don't know what those pusses in Philadelphia were thinking about when they had to call a rain delay in the World Series. WOOOOAAAAH! A little rain never hurt anyone. I think I'll just stay in my favorite Pub, watch the Celtics and stumble home drunk."

2 comments:

  1. The California drivers are so excited at the sight of white stuff they perceive to be something drastically different than snow, that they get careless with their driving skills.

    ReplyDelete