January 14, 2009

Josh McDaniels

Josh McDaniels has big shoes to fill. Mike Shanahan has been the only Denver football coach I can remember since I've been a Denver fan. The man that made one stern face, expressed no emotion and I can only remember smiling twice (at Denver's 2 Superbowl wins) made a clear impression on me as a fan.
However, despite his young age and lack of head coaching experience I think that McDaniels was a smart move for Denver. While I admire Shanahan - I'm not stubborn enough to admit that Denver has exceedingly less impressive seasons the last several years. And a fresh perspective from a man whose worked with a team that has brought him three Superbowl rings can't hurt.
Denver has great potential, the offense is doing pretty well - however the defense needs a serious change to become successful again and I am hoping McDaniels is the key to getting it done.

1 comment: