February 27, 2009

81 Billion Dollars for a tank of gas

So I've got a joke for you, guy goes to fuel up his rig when...

...he thought the $90 he had on his PayPal debit card would easily cover the $26 bill.

But the tab for fuel at the By-Pass Deli and Conoco station off state Route 240 maxed out his card, and then some, the Tri-City Herald reported Thursday on its Web site.

The transaction, Juan Zamora told the newspaper, was recorded as $81,400,836,908.

That's 81 billion dollars by the way. Read the full gas story here.

The funny thing about this is that he called the customer service person and at first they didn't believe him. I can just see that phone call now.

Rep - Thank you for calling Debit Card Company's customer service line. Your call is valuable to us. How may I help you.
Person in 81 billion dollars worth of debt - Uh yeah I fueled up and spend 26 dollars but you guys charged me for 81 billion.
Rep - Sir do you have a record of the transaction.
Person - Uh no, I didn't think I'd get charged 81 billion dollars for a tank of gas. I didn't ask for a record.
Rep - Sir, there's no way I can prove that you didn't pay 81 billion dollars for a tank of gas. That's just not possible sir I need some sort of verification.
Person - What?!
Rep - Yes sir, you wouldn't believe how many people call and say we've charged 81 billion dollars to their card by accident. Donald Trump does it all the time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your American financial system (applause).

No comments:

Post a Comment