February 24, 2009

Brief Casey: Stealing a Facebook status

I've heard of nicotine addictions, heroine addictions, heck even video game addictions. But Facebook addictions? Now that is something.

It appears that this is what our society has come to. A 19-year-old man in Bradenton, Florida actually stole a laptop from a man in Starbucks when the customer refused to let him check his facebook. The 19-year-old grabbed the laptop and ran out of the mall. He was later tackled in the parking lot by two people and held down until security arrived.

Here's how I believe the events traspired:
(For the sake of the article I will call the 19-year-old "Kid" and the customer "Hank")

Kid: "Hey man. My iPhone died. I can't update my Facebook status. Can I use your laptop?"
Hank: "Sorry son. I'm in the middle of a very important video conference."
Kid: "Wow that sucks. Now all of my friends that I have on Facebook won't know what I am doing at this very moment."
Hank: "What did your last status say?"
Kid: "Kid is Drinking coffee in a Starbucks in the mall."
Hank: "How is that different than what you are doing right now?"
Kid: (rolling eyes) "I finished my coffee. Can't you see that this is tea? Sheesh."
Hank: "That's pratcially the same thing. Besides, who really cares that you're in a Starbucks drinking coffee?"
Kid: "All my sweet social networking friends. Wow you are lame."
Hank: "I'm glad I didn't let you borrow my laptop for that."
Kid: "Please sir. Now I need to change my status to, Kid is Drinking tea in a Starbucks while talking to a really lame old guy."
Hank: "Anyway, thanks for the chat. Now please go."
Kid: (Staring at Hank. Then at the laptop. Then at Hank. Then the laptop.)
Hank: "Fine. Change your status then get out of here."
Kid: "Thanks." (Starts typing away)
Hank: "What are you changing it to now?"
Kid: "Kid is Stealing some guys laptop from a Starbucks."

And with that he runs out the door.

Now I know that might not be exactly how everything went down. But that's the word around Facebook anyway. I've got to go change my status to, "Casey just wrote a blog."

So that way all my friends can know exactly what I'm up to at this moment.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome. I totally know people like Kid... and my facebook status is definitely, "Megan is writing a comment on Casey's blog about how facebookers are NUTS!"

    ReplyDelete