February 24, 2009

Tiger's Back

Tiger Woods played his first practice round today after having ACL reconstruction and recovering from a double stress fracture in his left tibia. You may remember the last tournament he played in which was his U.S. Open victory from June. After his practice round today Woods said "My short game has gotten a little bit better,". He also said "As far as my golf swing I'm doing the same things I've been trying to do but now I have a leg I can do it on." Those two quotes have to make the rest of the PGA Tour nervous.

Tiger has won both previous events he competed in after recovering from knee surgery. The previous two times were 10 weeks and 7 weeks, no where near as long as this 8 month layoff. I guess we will have to see how he does, I'm sure the PGA will be happy to see people tuning in.

We get our chance tomorrow when Tiger takes on Australian Brendan Jones in the first round of the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship at The Gallery Golf Club at Dove Mountain in Marana, Arizona. This event is one that Tiger is familiar with, as he is the defending champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment