March 17, 2009

According to this study, I've got four good years left

After spending my college career sometimes remembering and sometimes not remembering what I did the night before - this news is particularly alarming.

The research, done at the University of Virginia, indicates that our mental abilities begin to decline from the age of 27, after reaching a peak at 22.

The researchers studied 2,000 men and women aged 18 to 60 over a seven year period. The people involved, mostly in good health and well-educated, had to solve visual puzzles, recall words and story details and spot patterns in letters and symbols.

Similar tests are often used to diagnose mental disabilities and diseases, such as Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

Great, so in four years my mental abilities will start to decline. Yikes. I thought there was really nowhere to go but up from here but I guess I'm just a hop, skip and jump from crapping my Pampers and eating pudding.

That's alright, in four years you can look forward to Casey and I blogging about:

Pulling out pants up past our bellybuttons
Bowling
Those darn kids
Being afraid of Digital Television Conversion taking away our evening news
The Internetting Global Web
How we had to use dial up back in our day
How Eminem was "the golden age of music"
Combovers
Prune Juice

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm 40 and I still think I have some mental capacity left. It's rather sad to think my best intellectual years are 13 years behind me.

    ReplyDelete