April 25, 2009

Things I've noticed about the driving in Spokane

Having been a veteran of the Spokane streets for years, here are some things I've noticed about drivers in the Lilac City.

1. Turn signal? I don't want to wear out my blinker.

2. If I'm driving down a busy street, and I have to make a left turn into oncoming traffic, you betcha I'm going to turn where there's no controlled intersection so everyone behind me has to wait for roughly 2,634 cars to go by in the opposing lane.

3. Bailing twine is actually just detailing the car.

4. Tailgating someone is necessary and then once you pass them... slow down.

5. Division St. becomes a quagmire between 8:30-10:00 and 4:00-6:00 every weekday. People get on this street and are never heard from again. Kind of like people that co-star in movies with John Travolta.

6. Everyone apparently smokes with their windows down in Spokane.

7. If people are weaving in and out of lanes -they aren't drunk - they're avoiding pot holes.

8. Red lights are actually overrated.

9. Foreign cars? WHY WOULD WE DRIVE FOREIGN CARS?!?!

10. "Go Zags" bumper stickers are slightly more abundant than the Kerry-Edwards stickers people have yet to take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment