April 28, 2009

What's a group called?


Everyone knows that a bunch of birds is called a "flock."

And everyone knows that a bunch of fish is called a "school."

But what are some other groups of items called?

Well thank you University of California for allowing me to check this list on your Web site.

Here are some of the best:

  • A fluther of jellyfish - the reason Brandon avoids the ocean at all costs.
  • A neverthriving of jugglers - so a circus?
  • A mob of kangaroos - better yet, boxing kangaroos!
  • A bevy of ladies - the reason Brandon and I go to the ocean.
  • A number of mathematicians - a.k.a nerds.
  • A company of moles - they wear suits.
  • A tribe of monkeys - I like monkeys.
  • A barren of mules - a.k.a. frat guys.
  • A superfluity of nuns - nuns do seem to travel in groups...err...I mean in superfluities.
  • A parliament of owls - owls are smart.
  • A huddle of penguins - they huddle to stay warm.
  • A gaze of raccoons - I like raccoons and monkeys.
  • An unkindness of ravens - they are like the emo kids of the bird family.
  • A clutter of spiders - RAID.
  • An ambush of tigers - yes, I'm sure tigers are trying to ambush me. Now walk away slowly.
  • A bale of turtles - It's actually a rectangle block of turtles. Like a bale of hay.
  • A blessing of unicorns - I've never seen ONE unicorn, let alone a BLESSING of them.
  • An ugly of walruses - walruses are ugly, oh, and also the reason Brandon avoids the ocean.
  • A descent of woodpeckers - Woody Woodpecker.
  • A crash of rhinoceroses - because they crash through everything.
  • A dray of squirrels - I like squirrels, raccoons and monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment