July 1, 2009

I'm not going to be one to complain about the Red Sox, but...

I'm not the smartest baseball fan in the world, in fact last night I couldn't finish scoring a Spokane Indians game in my game program because I forgot to move over my marks to the corresponding inning, but...

I know that when your team leads 10-1 in the bottom of the seventh, there's a good chance they're going to win the game.

Unless you're the Boston Red Sox, which dropped a nine-run lead to lose to the Baltimore last night in the biggest comeback in Orioles team history. Ever. Recorded. By Man.

"It was a weird game, a terrible loss for us," Dustin Pedroia said. "That's upsetting. Things just kind of spiraled on us."

Previously, the biggest comeback in Orioles history was Sept. 2, 1956, when Baltimore rallied from an eight-run deficit at Boston. In this one, the Orioles got 13 of their 16 hits in the seventh and eighth innings.


"We just had no answer," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "We went through everybody. Nothing we did worked."


Way to sugar coat it guys.

Now I'm not going to sit hear and tear apart the team for one stinking loss, but as my buddy Dylan Kitzan said "You can't lose games like this."

With the Yankees playing better and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays showing signs of life, the Boston Red Sox can't be throwing away victories like A-rod does marriages.

And just to recap last nights baseball games: Red Sox lost. New York won (against the Mariners) and the Spokane Indians lost their six straight.

Somebody on the Yankees better have woke up today with an STD otherwise Tuesday was a pretty crummy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment