October 29, 2009

Is anyone looking for a job?

Saw this on Craigslist, anyone interested?

Astronaut needed for experimental flight to Titan. I have been working on this project now for near 40 years and am afraid I'm no longer fit enough to go.
My secret space craft is the result of my professional experience and imagination while serving the U.S. military in advanced aeronautics as a scientist.
The craft harnesses a revolutionary propulsion system and its fuselage is fabricated with the most advanced material. While considerably safe,
I am certain you will make it safely to Titan but there will not be enough fuel to get home. This is for someone unique that has always wanted to see the universe
first-hand and has perhaps a terminal view on life here at home. Here's your shot at romantic history.

Must be:
-physically fit.
-mentally sound.
-over the age of 18.
-a dreamer.
-a believer.
-not afraid of heights.
-not afraid of extreme conditions such as speed, pressure, heat, etc.
-brave.
-no taller than 5'10 and relatively slim.
-good eye-sight & hearing.
-manual dexterity (although the craft is largely cpu controlled).
-OK in cramped conditions for long periods of time.

Who wants to go to Titan?

3 comments:

  1. You had me until the maximum height requirement. Damn 6' frame. I could be zippin around the galaxy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I stopped at the not making a return trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why Titan? Why not Mars. No one has been there yet. Plus its less than half the distance so you wouldn't have to look only for terminal cases in your employment pool.

    I mean what with the economy and all, shouldn't we think locally?

    ReplyDelete