November 20, 2009

I might have to become a closet Gonzaga women's basketball fan

Because there's a lot to like about this coach, starting with the coach and going down to all the players. Oh and they're good. They just knocked off Pac-10 opponent USC and made it look fairly easy.

There wasn’t much the Gonzaga women’s basketball team did wrong in its home opener Thursday night, other than letting USC score the final eight points of the game.

But all that did was make the Trojans’ 70-58 loss before 3,206 fans at McCarthey Athletic Center – the fifth-largest crowd for the women – look closer than it was.

“This was a good win,” Bulldogs coach Kelly Graves said. “I was really proud of our team. I thought we played a good basketball game, especially defensively. I thought the first half we did about as well could have done defensively. I loved the energy.

Looks like Spokane is getting behind their team.

No comments:

Post a Comment