February 7, 2010

I did indeed put money on the Colts

Okay so it was like five cents, on CentSports.com, but I put money on the Indianapolis Colts - which pains me greatly. Why? Because...

(1) It's Casey's favorite team and I'm sure he'd get some sort of weird sense of entitlement that I bet on his favorite team.

(2) Peyton Manning looks like Sloth from "The Goonies"

(3) I'm betting against the Who Dat! New Orleans Saints, who are the better story in this Super Bowl. Katrina, Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, they're just 100 percent more interesting. Problem is, Peyton Manning is 100 percent the best QB in the league.

You seriously have no idea how tough it was to pick the Colts, picking against the long-suffering New Orleans franchise that plays in a city that was nearly wiped off the face of the planet thanks to Katrina, is essentially like rooting for global warming, the bubonic plague and the New York Yankees.

(4) It's Casey's favorite team. Even if they win and I get my nickle of winnings, I have to hear him for the next year brag about his Colts.

(5) If they win, there's going to be hordes of new "Colts fans" that walk the earth. Ugh. NFL Fans! Got to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment