December 8, 2010

Exploring North Dakota


Since Eastern Washington University is playing North Dakota State University this weekend I figured that I'd let the Just South of North readers know about the state of North Dakota.

Now I have lots of family (hope they don't disown me after this post) that live in North Dakota. So I've spent my fair share of time in the state.

Here's some facts about the state:

Population: 646,844
Capital: Bismarck
Highest elevation: 3,506 ft
State bird: Western Meadowlark
State fish: Northern Pike
State tree: The telephone pole
State rock: yep

Hold on, where am I getting these facts? The state tree is really the telephone pole? Alright, that one I believe. But the state fish is the Pike? That's got to be made up.

Well, I was going to continue with my information session on the state of North Dakota, but then I found this video. It was made by a North Dakotan about the state. Pretty much sums it up. Yes, even frost bitten in May is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment