March 12, 2011

Rob Keefe is a standup guy

So the Spokane Shock got beaten pretty badly in their season opener in San Jose last night. No big deal, it's a long season and the Shock lost their first game last year before going on to win the AFL championship. Today on Facebook, Spokane Shock head coach Rob Keefe had to say this...

I want to apologize to all of the Spokane Shock fans around the country because we did not play up to our potential this weekend. I will never let this happen again. I am embarrassed and upset for our players, organization, and coaching staff. I take full responsibility for this loss. "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

You don't here a football coach say things like that very often. Good for him to step up, and knowing Rob Keefe, he really means it. Chances are the Shock won't be losing to many teams this season...

No comments:

Post a Comment