June 8, 2008

What was Big Brown thinking?

The Belmont Stakes proved to be an incredible bust for Big Brown, who won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness only to fall short in the third leg of the Triple Crown. What was very odd about the whole deal was how the horse wasn't able to kick into his "extra gear" around the third turn of the Belmont.

The Jockey even admitted to "not having a horse" by the end of the race which meant that it just didn't want to run. What was going through Big Brown's head at that moment? He had a chance of glory and choked on a bigger scale than A-Rod, the Patriots and Coach Bombay playing in pee-wee hockey.

Here's what I think could of possibly been going through his mind...

1. This horse in front of me has some major ass gas, why the hell would I want to get closer?

2. I'm a horse, I have no idea why all these small mammals are here. I could throw off this dude sitting on top of me but he weighs like 80 pounds and I'm pretty sure the fall would kill him. Okay, he's hitting me to go faster. SCREW THAT! I'm going to head on over to this guard rail here to take a dump.

3. I want to make my owners look like complete jack-asses.

4. Really could use some 'roids at the moment.

5. Man, I'd love to win this race but I've seriously got to piss. I mean I could of done it back at the starting gate but I didn't think I needed to go this bad. Whoah, one more gallop and my bladder is going to explode.

6. Why is an elf riding me?

7. Whoah! Pony, third row on the green. Wow, what a hottie!

8. Those brownies were a bad idea. Never let Snoop Dog in my stable before a race ever again.

9. Who's the drunk guy in the first row? Oh wait, that's my trainer.

10. Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

Anyways, I feel kind of sorry for Big Brown, his owners and trainer were classless and completely disrespectful to the sport of horse racing (they guaranteed victory) during the Triple Crown season, so it was natural for bad luck to get back to him.

And if you can, try and find video or a photo of Big Brown's trainer walking back to the stable after the race. It's like a two minute race and this dude has his entire shirt drenched in sweat.

Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. That horse is a total douchebag!
    When I was watching the race I thought he had just hurt himself, but today the vet said that there wasn't anything wrong with him.
    There hasn't been a Triple Crown in my lifetime and I was kind of excited at the prospect of bearing witness to one,and he just freaked out for nothing.
    What an a-hole!
    And, did you see the shots of Shaq taking pictures with a jockey? That shit was hilarious. It's like, "Hey, let's get the freakishly huge guy to stand next to the freakishly small guy... people will love it." And so we did.

    ReplyDelete