September 28, 2008

How I know I'm old


Just a few months removed from graduation I can see it's only downhill from here. Here's a couple of signs I might as well get the tombstone payment plan down.

- I'm in a bowling league, getting beat by an 80-year old woman with a limp and hair that reminds your of Marge Simpson.

- The highlight of my week is the College football pick em' game I play on ESPN.

- I watch the local news, because you know, I want to know whats going on in the neighborhood.

- I refer to high schoolers as those "meddling kids"

- Drinking gives me hangovers. I don't like hangovers anymore. Therefore I'm thinking about switching to Milwaukee's Best Light.

- My knees crack more than the US economy.

- I find myself doing the whole "this place has changed so much" monologue... for Cheney, Spokane and Chewelah. It gets really sad when I drive by empty buildings and remember what business use to be in there.

- I like reading old newspaper articles.

- I quote John Wayne.

- 10:30 is getting a little late for me unless I'm at work.

- The highlight of my mornings is getting coffee.

- All I want to do is go fishing or hunting.

- Movies are too violent and have too much sex in them these days.

1 comment:

  1. no kidding. let's go fishing and quit thinking about it. them darn kids.

    ReplyDelete